Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chapter 20

A couple days later and the team was heading to Washington. Karen wasn't leaving until the next day with Mario for the game. She decided to just stay with Sidney as the others would go home then come back for game 2 and she would head back with them after the game.

Karen was bringing up a load of laundry and sat down on the couch to fold it. As she reached for a shirt, she felt a small pain and it seemed to intensify as the minutes wore on. Karen's started to breathe deep and put her hand over the area of the pain. It got a little unbearable and the tears began to fill her eyes. She hoped and prayed it would stop and that it wasn't about the baby. After a few minutes the pain subsided and Karen sat there hoping it didn't come back. She picked up the shirt and folded it, picking up others and folded them without another wave. Karen figured she stretched wrong getting the shirt and continued with the rest of the laundry. As the night wore on, Karen didn't have another pain and was relieved that she was ok but if she gets anymore, she would fear the worse.

The next morning, Karen packed her suitcase and then went downstairs to fix something to eat. She was meeting Mario and Nathalie at their house and heading to the airport with them. Two hours later, Karen got her suitcase and locked up the house, leaving for Mario's. As she got there 20 minutes later, Karen pulled into the driveway. She saw them packing the car and she got out, grabbing her suitcase. After getting it out of the car, Karen felt her pain again and dropped the bag, doubling over. Mario saw her and ran over to her.

"Karen? What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I got this sharp pain after grabbing my suitcase."

Mario picked her up and sat her in the car on the seat where she stayed hunched over "do you need me to call your doctor?"

"No it'll pass in a few minutes. I got one last night and it subsided after 5 minutes."

Karen sat there with Mario kneeling infront of her until the pain left and he could see the color come back in her face "you ok?"

"Yeah" she said straightening up "I think I pulled a muscle lifting my suitcase."

"What were you doing last night to get one?"

"I brought the laundry basket up from the basement and sat down to fold the clothes."

"Maybe you shouldn't be lifting anything until after the baby's born."

"Maybe, but the pain wasn't near that area or anything."

"You sure you should be going with us? Maybe you should stay and go see your doctor."

"If it keeps happening and I don't lift anything then I'll go when I get back. I need to go watch Sidney play."

"Sid will understand Karen."

"Sid will not know about this until he has to. I am not ruining his concentration with this."

"I'll make you a deal. I won't say anything to Sid if when we get to the arena, you let Dr. Burke check you out. You can even wait until he's on the ice."

"Fine, I'll tell Dr. Burke and see what he says."

"Good. Come on, let's get going." Mario helped her up and she went inside to use the bathroom before they headed to the airport. The short plane ride to Washington and Karen felt fine the whole trip. She decided if she didn't have to lift anything, maybe she wouldn't get anymore pains and she'd be alright. Karen went to grab for her bag, but Mario beat her to it and got the handle up so all she had to do was wheel it along.

They got to the hotel and Mario got the extra key to Sidney's room for Karen, less hassle then her trying to get it. Karen found his room and put her bag next to his, then decided to lay down. She knew Sidney would be coming back after practice and waited for him.

An hour later, the team was coming back from the arena and heading to their rooms. Sidney put the key card into the slot and opened the door when it clicked. As he walked in, he saw Karen lying on the bed and smiled going over to her. He sat on the edge of the bed and lightly caressed her cheek, waking her up.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey there handsome. How was practice?"

"It was good. You feeling ok?"

"Yeah why?"

"I don't know, you look a little pale."

"I'm just tired."

Sidney put his hand on her protruding stomach and rubbed lightly "peanut making you sick?"

"Actually, I haven't had morning sickness yet."

"Well, why don't you scoot over and I'll join you in that nap."

"Isn't it a little early for you to be napping?"

"I'll take an extra long one with you."

Karen moved over so Sidney could lie down beside her. He laid on his back and Karen curled up to his body "comfortable?"

"Always with you." They stayed awake talking for a little bit before falling asleep.

Karen woke up to the alarm going off and wondered how it got set. She reached for it, but Sidney woke up and turned it off first. He looked at Karen and kissed her before getting up. They got ready to head down to the restaurant for dinner with the team before the game. Karen saw Jordan and saw him look away when she entered the room. She hated that he wasn't talking to her and wished they could just be friends again. Sidney told Karen to go sit down and he would get her some food. Since it was buffet, she argued that she could get her own but lost the argument and went to sit down. He brought over her plate and went to get his own, sitting down beside her.

"I'm not helpless you know, I can manage to stand in line for food."

"I know you're not but since you're here, I will be getting you anything and everything you want."

"So when I want something and you're in the middle of a shift, you going to leave the ice and come all the way up to the suite to get me what I want?"

"No, I'll make sure someone is up there to wait on you if you need something."

"Yeah, like that will happen" she said taking a bite of her food.

"I have about 20 people in that box that will make sure it happens."

"And what are you going to do if I don't obey and get things for myself? Are you going to spank me after the game?" she said in a hushed tone.

"I just might baby."

"Then we need to get this game underway to see what happens afterwards." Sidney leaned over and kissed her cheek before they finished eating.

The whole time during dinner, Jordan kept watching Sidney and Karen together and wished it was him with her. He knew he had to give her up but something wasn't letting that happen. Kris got him out of his thoughts and took one last look before talking with him and finishing his dinner.

After dinner, Sidney and Karen went back to the room to get ready for the game. Sidney went to jump into the shower and tried to get Karen to join him. She just smiled and told him after the game and went to get ready herself. When he was done and getting dressed, Karen sat on the dresser top infront of Sidney and helped fix his tie.

"You haven't done this in a while."

"Because you're usually already dressed when I see you."

Sidney took his hands and ran them up her thighs "I forgot how much of a turn on it was." Just as Karen got his tie done, Sidney leaned in and kissed her "you know, I still have a few minutes."

"Put that energy into the game and then save some for later. If you do that, I will definitely take care of you then."

"You are so mean baby."

"Sorry" she said pouting.

"It's ok. I can wait until after the game...then again after practice tomorrow...and maybe before game 2."

"I guess my next three days are planned out."

Sidney took a step back and helped her off the dresser. He held her close and kissed her until he had to go. Karen told him goodbye and sat down on the bed after he left. She knew she should have told him about the pains, but didn't want to worry him when he needed to have his head more in the game right now. She finished getting ready and headed to meet everyone down in the lobby to head to the arena.

As they got to the arena and headed up to the suite, Karen sat down and got some water. Mario came up to her before heading down to the locker room.

"I'm going to tell Dr. Burke to come up once the game gets underway."

"Mario, I'm fine. I haven't gotten another pain and had moved my suitcase a couple times in the room. Maybe it was a fluke pain."

"From what Sid has told me, I'm not taking any chances and I know you don't want to either. Just tell him what happened and it will stay between the three of us until you tell Sid."

Karen sighed and nodded "ok, I'll just see what he says." Mario left her sitting there and hoped it wasn't going to turn into anything serious.

An hour later, the game got underway and soon Karen saw Dr. Burke come into the suite and motion for her to join him. They found the suite next to them was empty so they could have some privacy to talk.

"So what's going on Karen? Mario said you felt a couple bad pains before."

"Yeah and with being pregnant, I guess we're all overreacting about it."

"Where did you feel the pain?"

Karen put her hand over the area "it seems that it's over where my ovaries would be." Dr. Burke moved her hand and felt the area. Karen saw the look on his face "what?"

"It seems like its tender when I push on it. Did it hurt when I applied pressure to the area?"

"Not really. I mean I felt a little discomfort but not like before."

"What were you doing when felt it?"

"I lifted the laundry basket and carried it up from the basement yesterday, then I lifted my suitcase from the car to the ground earlier today. The pain came fast and it got unbearable to where I was doubled over."

"When you lifted the basket you might have just strained the muscle and now when you lift anything on this side, it reaggravated it. I don't think it will have any bearing on the baby since it's far enough away but when you get home, you need to have your doctor know about it ok?"

"Ok I will."

"I know being pregnant you want to be cautious but you and the baby should both be fine. If anything else happens while we're here, give me a call."

"I will, thanks Dr.Burke." Karen sat there for another minute after he left the suite. She was thankful to have a doctor's opinion reassure her though. She got up and headed back to the suite and told Mario what he said. Mario felt better too and they finished watching the game.

The Pens ended up losing game 1 but the teams kept up with each other which showed this series wasn't going to be easy. Everyone left the arena and headed back to the hotel to wait for the guys to change. Karen knew they would be longer for Sidney would have to give an aftergame press conference. She went back to the room and found NHL Network to watch the interviews. As she came back from the bathroom and changed into her pajamas, Sidney was about to come on. Karen sat and watched his every move, seeing the passion of the playoffs in his eyes. When he was done, she figured he would be back within the hour and decided to lay down until he got back.

Sidney came back to the hotel and went to his room. He was a little tired but when he knew he was about to see Karen, a little energy came back. Sidney walked into the room and let the door shut. He saw Karen lying on the bed, staring and smiling at him. He took off his jacket and laid on the bed beside her.

"Hey there."

"Why are you always waiting for me in bed?"

"It just figures to be the best place to wait for you. Are you tired?"

"I think I got my second wind."

Their lips met and soon their clothes were removed. Sidney was about to put her into a different position when he remembered what she told him. He rolled on top of her then sat up on his knees. He lifted one of her legs, bringing her closer to him and let it rest on his shoulder while he plunged into her. Sidney held onto her ankle and placed featherlight kissed to it as he moved inside her. Karen loved the sensations but needed to feel him on her. She grabbed for him and Sidney obliged by letting her leg go and laid on top of her. She wrapped her legs around his waist and Sidney kept his pace going. Their lips met again in a heated kiss as their orgasms began to build within them. Karen raised her hips to match Sidney's thrusts as their bodies exploded together. They held onto each other tightly and as Karen started to release her legs from around Sidney, she felt her pain come back, hard. Sidney was about to get off her, but Karen stopped him.

"Don't move yet?"

Sidney brought his head up and saw she looked pale again "baby, what's wrong?" Karen just whispered 'in a minute' and Sidney just held her. After a few minutes, he felt Karen release her legs and moved off of her. "What's going on Karen?"

"I had a pain yesterday and I thought lifting the laundry basket caused me to pull a muscle. It came back when I lifted my suitcase this morning. But for it to hit when my muscles tightened after I came, I don't know what to think."

"Were you going to tell me this?"

"Yes I was but I wanted to be sure it was nothing first."

"Baby, I want to know what's going on. If something happens to you, it's going to happen to me."

"I know but right now, you need all your concentration on this series."

Sidney sighed "I know you want to keep my focus on the game, but it's going to shift to you when it's inportant and this is important. Let me call Dr. Burke."

"Sid, I talked to him before the game and he said what I told you about pulling a muscle. It wasn't near the baby ok" she said showing him where it was "this one was a fluke, maybe I had my leg twisted and didn't realize until I moved it. We'll be fine, ok?" Karen looked into his eyes and hoped she convinced him enough.

"Ok. But if we make love again and you get another one, I am taking you directly to the hospital."

"Deal." Karen brought him down to kiss his lips "I'm fine Sid." He kissed her again and then laid down beside her, bringing her body to his.

3 comments:

  1. Aww... I love that Sid is so protective of her right now. Mario too! haha!

    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, no bad stuff, please! Fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete